Hey All!
Worked until 3am this morning and as I was ending my shift report I got the call for my liver transplant. I am currently at Hopkins waiting for the surgeons to look at the liver from the donor and see if this is going to be it or not! Holy cow...this is really happening.
When the call came my heart literally flipped 4 times then dropped to my foot. Thank GOD my coworkers were there to comfort me as I bust into tears when I talked to my mom shortly after. This is such a crazy experience... I can't even explain it.
So I am in the Marburg building (the ritz carlton of hospital units) so I'm pretty happy about that! It's beautiful here and amazingly sooo quiet. I was posted for OR time around 10, but we are past that now...so we will see whats happening. I'm staaarrrving but cannot eat, it is so brutal this waiting!
I have literally been up for 24 hours as of 1pm today..so this blog probably isn't making much sense but I wanted to update everyone. This is what I have been waiting for. The gift of a healthy life. This is what is meant for me...
Here we goooo.... (hopefully)
I will update as much as possible.
XX, R
No comments:
Post a Comment