It's me, it's me! I'm back online!!
Here I am folks, did not expect to be feeling up to blogging just yet...but it's Thanksgiving and what better day than today than to come back and thank the world!
I do not even know where to begin. It has been a CRAZY few days. Being one of the 3 people coming out of the OR extubated, to making unbelievable progress where I am apparently the talk of the transplant office. Crazy! This is why I am so glad I was pretty healthy coming into this whole thing, definitely makes it easy I'd guess.
So I have a hugeeee scar on my abdomen, it looks kinda like a mercedes symbol like my dad said but also looks like a huge zipper with all the the staples. Definitely really sore, but as the days go on, it gets easier. All of my other tubes (nasogastric, jackson pratt x3, foley urinary cathetar and my interjugular central line) are all out!! Now I just have 2 IVs left giving me some meds. I have been up out of bed all on my own and walking around pretty well.
My biggest struggle is learning all these new anti-rejection medicines and all their side effects. My tummy is not quite ready for a lot yet, so taking all these meds is extremely difficult..and I'm pretty nauseated all day long. Barfy! Also, from being so stiff and reluctant to move my back pain is killer, the muscles are just worn out!
So as far as Ive been told from my surgeons this morning, all of my labs look good, my body seems to be accepting the liver quite nicely. All of my ultrasounds look great too, so that means im getting great blood flow to the liver.
Looks like a couple more days up here on the transplant floor at hopkins and then home!!! Cannot wait to be in my own bed, and shower!! Dont take those 2 things for granted anymore, trust me!
Again, I just want to thank EVERYONE for all of the unyeilding, constant support....it means the ENTIRE world to me. From my parents and fam, to my best friends n coworkers bringing me goodies, to all the support from my mentors and transplant families out there, all the new people in my life, my nurses (especially katie), my AMAZING surgeons who have changed my life (Dr. Andrew Singer and Dr. Andrew Cameron) to all the people on FB giving me love and showing some thumbs up! Every little bit is pushing me in the right direction for my recovery! Thank u thank u thank u!
No comments:
Post a Comment