Friday, November 6, 2009

No go...

Today ended up being a false alarm for my surgery. I knew from the start when I got to the hospital that there was a chance that this liver could potentially go to someone else. There is a sick baby that is also in need of a transplant. In this case..the docs had to go visualize the liver and see if they could take a small portion of it to perfectly fit in this little baby. In this case, I would go home. If they didn't think it would fit in the baby, it was mine. The little one got it this time and I couldn't be happier for his/her family.

I have to be selfless in this situation. #1 because I am already much higher on the list because of my exemption points than I normally would be and that is a blessing. and #2 This baby is sicker than I am....and there is a perfect liver out there with my name on it. Today just wasn't my day. And I'm ok with that.

I kinda feel a little more at ease actually because I have already had the dreaded "call" and I seemed to make it through that ok....and already began the pre-op workup so now I know what to expect and I know that my liver will be coming very soon!

I wanna thank everyone once again for all of your support. It is amazing how many people care...and how people want to help in anyway in crazy times like this. It's great to see people come together.

Gnight all..

R

No comments:

Post a Comment