Friday, November 27, 2009

making strides...

so updates on my day today...

Well I got rid of my PCA (pain pump) yesterday so it is very nice not being hooked up to a machine. It made it much easier to get up and around today. I actually walked around the unit and did some stairs. It was easier than I thought it would be actually, but I didn't push it too hard. I also was able to shower (yay) and wash my hair which actually made me feel like a real person again.

I am pretty tired though and my energy is pretty short-lived. Along with my appetite. I had a craving for chinese food tonight, but could really barely eat it once it got here. Maybe it's the steriods playing tricks on my mind!!

Pain has been pretty well controlled, I'm not really taking much at all, it's only when I ask for it, which is usually when I get ready for bed so I sleep well. The back pain is still fierce but I think that will take time until im able to move around more easily and not be so rigid in my movements.

This is very emotional at times, I will have to say that. I mean...I just had a freaking liver transplant. Someone gave me their liver and it's now functioning in my body...just so crazy to grasp. I feel guilty sometime too for being a burden on my friends and family...but I know it's not my fault..and I know I need them and they need me just as much. There is no where I'd be flying through this recovery without them.


Hoping to be outta here Sunday or Monday....wanna bust out now but wanna make sure things look as close to perfect as possible before I leave. I will definitely need visitors when I get home too, so if you feel like you wanna do that, let me know and come on over.

I started my organ donation advocacy just a little before this surgery...and now I feel like I want to make it a huge part of my life....so if anyone wants to know more about it, please let me know. I am not sure what I'm gonna do yet...but it's gonna be awesome!! Find something youre passionate about and stay TREMENDOUSLY interested in it!! Thats what I intend to do.

In my last random thought..I just wanna say...kinda out of nowhere...but if you wanna be happy, BE happy. It's really a choice. Fix what is broken, find your own happiness in whatever that may be, never give up on yourself. and never sell yourself short of what you truly are...

like I said, out of nowhere, cliche, but profounding.

Have a good night all,

xx, Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment