Monday, November 30, 2009

The bilirubin Gods are listening

Hey everyone! My bilirubin went down a whole point and a half! So that is great! Our prayers are working so keep them coming! We are in the right direction!!! Still not where they want it to be, so again, a few more days of IV steriods which are on a taper schedule then planning to leave wed-fri. All depending on labs. All of my other vitals, assessments and labs are perfect, so that is always a relief!! My incision looks good too, sore, but good. My back pain is starting to get better now as my pain is more under control and I am becoming more mobil. I also started sleeping flat now to straighten out my upper body so I don't heal all crunched over...and it seems to be working, umcomfy at first, but working! (Thanks, J ;)

Had a pretty chill, relaxing day. Did some online Xmas shopping, getting into Twilight finally (yes, I bit the bullet), took a sweet nap (was up late for that game), gotta nice shower,hung out with my mom, met with my discharge Nurse practionioner and went over all my own knowledge of my meds and new schedule of meds. We also talked about me meeting up with some of the recent, young transplant people that either JUST got transplanted like me, or are very fresh out and are just about my age. We are planning on becoming supporters for eachother...and I believe you cannot have enough mentors and support! My mentors so far have been complete angels to me. I even got a card today from one of my friends on FB who I met through a support group called "People who have had liver transplants"...it came right to my room and was so unexpected and awesome! It is cool to discuss our different experiences. And I think it's so cool the team will hook us up these recent patients with me like that!! So things are progressing...slowly, but surely! Again, visitors welcome, but please try to call/msg/text first because I may be out of the room or meeting with people and I don't want you to come all the way over and it not be a great time for me to see you! I appreciate all of you, even the readers!!

And um...what about that Ravens game last night? Let me just say a few things. 1. A win is a win, I will take it...but really guys? Almost losing to their 3rd string QB? Brutal.
2. That was a great and fun game to watch just wish it wasn't the Ravens I was watching struggle!! Had great company and such a great night here in my little old hospital room! I even had my nurse and tech come in for a few runs to watch it! They loved it. I also screamed really loud around 1130pm and the nurses were like..."Oh no worries, that's just Miss Beecy..." HAHAHAH how funny is that. Some were worried it was another patient falling out of bed or something..but no, just me going absolutely nuts...I almost busted a few staples! haha.
3. Ray Rice=God (i knew the beginning of this year when I bought his jersey he would be amazing just because I owned it..hahaha just kidding)
4. 5 game season boys...LETS GO RAVENS~!!!

Til tomorrow, R

No comments:

Post a Comment