Thursday, December 24, 2009

1 month post-op, stapleless, Kyle in from Cali, and it's Christmas!!!

It is Christmas Eve!!! Hope everyone is getting their last minute shopping and errands done..so tonite and tomorrow you can relax and enjoy the holiday!! I know I will!!

So many things to update. First, Dec 22 was my one month anniversary of me and my new liver! I continue to do absolutely great! I went to see my surgeons yesterday in clinic and not only are some of my medicines slowly getting weaned (I take about 2o-30 a day) my blood tests and liver function is absolutely PERFECT! How great is that? I even got all 56 staples removed from my incision and the sutures where the drains were. It didn't even hurt, at all! And now I can definitely move around a bit easier! I even went out with my girlfriends this week and got back to joining the real world...now I am just anxiously awaiting Kyle's arrival from California..her flight should be here any minute!!

This Christmas is exceptionally special for me...not only did I recieve the best gift, the gift of health and life with my transplant, but I have met and come in contact with some truly amazing people. This experience has taught me so much about life...and how precious it is. It has taught me about faith. Taught me about trust and taught me about what you do for the people you love. I have learned there are so many good people in this world. I am just thanking God everyday...and remembering EVERYday to count my blessings because I am so lucky. I feel like I have it all these days...family, amazing friends and support, energy and a new found zest to make great things happen in my life and to do everything I always wanted to do without reservation.


Please take a minute to count your blessings this Christmas and remember what the season is truly all about (whether you are religious or not)...and if you are not already, please become an organ donor. It takes just a few minutes to sign up and it would be the best thing you could give me.Some states you sign up when you get your licence, but even if you are not sure if you are one or not, check there first, then go to this website www.donatelifeamerican.net.
The website also will answer any questions you may have about becoming a donor and how it works.


I hope everyone has the Merriest of Christmases...and the Happiest of Holidays...

Rachaelxx


PS. Here is a picture of me and my main transplant surgeon, Dr. Andrew Singer. Him along with Dr. Hamilton and Dr. Cameron helped to save my life. This was taken Dec 23 at my 1 month post-op visit.

Me and Dr. Singer

No comments:

Post a Comment