YAY! I feel better and NO FEVER!!!
I emailed my hepatologist when I started with the fevers. Since my case is sort of complicated, I want all of my many doctors to be in the loop with what is going on. I told him all of my symptoms and everything that occurred over the past couple days. He called me this afternoon and told me why these random fevers keep popping up and what the cause is. Since I have Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis I am at risk for acute cholangitis.
Since my bile ducts are narrowed, the bile has a harder time flowing through them which can cause sludging or build up...which can then in turn cause infection. This is what my doctors think that I have intermittently. Sometimes it can self-resolve and the fevers will go away on their own, sometimes you can get even sicker to the point where it is very serious, and sometimes all you need is just an antibiotic. This time my body chose the last option. Cipro is what they gave me...and I'm already feeling better!! It's good to finally have an answer. Thank goodness.... I gotta get back to LIVING and out of that darn bed (but it is so amazingly comfortable)!
That's all for now, back to work!!
Rachael xx
No comments:
Post a Comment