Monday, July 20, 2009

Swine Flu??? Crazy!

Since last Friday night, I have had on and off fevers, runny nose and a really bad cough. Sounds fun right? NOT! Because of the swine flu stuff, and working as a health care professional, considering my symptoms, I had to get screened for swine flu and I cannot go back to work until I do not have a fever for 24 hours AND the final read of the swine flu test is negative.

So being off work is eating away at my PTO and that makes me nervous, but I have no choice but to be off work, and I know it is whats best for my patients. I really wanted to save my PTO for the surgery, but I guess I am just going to have to do what I have to do.

Luckily, none of this stuff has anything to do with my crappy liver...well at least as far as I know. However, the past few days my stomach has become really big with fluid (ascites.) It makes it hard to move around and breathe. I now can understand what pregnant women must feel like. I look pregnant too...which would be much more exciting story to explain why my belly is huge!

I'm going to spend the next few days trying to get better and hanging out with my little pup. Hope she doesn't drive me too crazy!

12 days til North Carolina!!!

xo, Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment