Back at work, workin' the night shift. This is my last 12 hour shift and my fourth one in a row! I am so proud of myself that I did it..and I actually don't feel all that bad! (Ask me tomorrow though..)
A month or 2 ago, I could not even attempt 4 in a row..I would be entirely too tired and just feel like absolute POO! I also think since this is my last shift before 10+ days off..that is a little bit of an incentive!
We have 5 nurses tonite and it is so nice to be well staffed. Yes, I have time to do things like this and update my blog, but I don't feel scatter brained and crazy to the point where I feel like I am not giving good care to my patients like I have before when it has been a circus around here. It's defininately much more safe with 5 nurses.
Saturday we leave for North Carolina and it couldn't come at a better time. I am so excited! However, I am really sad to leave Lulu. This is the first time in my life where I have owned a pet and have been completely responsible for something besides myself. Even though she drives me bonkers 80% of the time, I don't think I could love that dog any more. I think I'm borderline obbsessed with her. I'm having separation anxiety already and I don't leave for another 4 days.
Am I crazy? I know she'll be in good hands but not getting her usual mommy/daddy love from us.
I may or may not have internet access down there besides my blackberry so this may be my last blog for awhile. Hope everyone has a great beginning of August..and Happy Birthday to my Meggie and Pop!
Love and <3'S
Rach
No comments:
Post a Comment