Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I need to keep up on this thing man...

Hi all :)

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Let's see where do I begin with updates..

1. Had a few issues around March/April...ended up having terrible kidney stones which caused the WORST pain ever in my life. No really...the worst. Give me a hundred more liver transplants...but no more kidney stones...PLEASE! Awfulness...thats all there is 2 it.
Was inpatient back on good old Nelson 7...thank goodness. Had a couple procedures under anesthesia...but about 8 weeks after it all, I slowly got back on my feet. Planned to go see Kylie in California during all this, so I unfortunately had to cancel my trip (huge bummer.)

Had a few quiet healthy months after all that mess and now....on to number 2!!

2. I'm engaged!!!!! WOOO HOO! My high school sweetheart, Rob, proposed to me in Ocean City, MD while we were vacationing for Memorial day weekend. It was just perfect. I'll spare the rest of my engagement wedding details on my wedding blog page...(to come!)

We are super excited and happy. Him and I have been through so much after the past 12 years...and I definiately am at a place where I know in my heart, he is the man for me. He has stuck by me through all of my health issues...and that is what I call a man.

3. My liver function is still kicking some major bootay! Had a few Ulcerative Colitis issues flare here and there but nothing super serious. I will maybe in the next 5 years have to have another surgery for that, but I am trying to not think that far ahead right now. I have too many positive things going on for that thought to bring me down.

4. My new addiction..

Makeup. For real. I have really been getting into makeup and makeup artistry a lot lately. I follow so many beauty blogs and beauty you tube "how to" videos. I spend lots of free time teaching myself..and I have to say, I am getting pretty darn good. I can't believe I never realized my talent and love for this. I love to experiment and try all kinds of looks on myself and other people. I get so much pleasure and enjoyment out of learning and doing makeup, that it surprises me. I haven't enjoyed doing something like this since I got involved in transplant advocacy. Its a new passion. I hope to one day get my liscense..to do it on the side. I will soon be making a beauty blog too (I know ... so many blogs.)


SPEAKING of transplant advocacy, but I can't remember if I told ya'll but my alma mater, Villa Julie College, now known as Stevenson University invited me to be their keynote speaker for their annual nursing conference. It was back in April and I NAILED it!! I was so honored and proud to speak in front of the nursing students, and I really feel like I connected to them. I told them my transplant story, shared my friends' stories and showed lots of pictures. I also spoke to them how I handled it from a nursing point of view. I enjoyed every minute of it. They actually paid me, but I didn't need or want any money. I did it just out of my love for sharing my experience and my drive to educate others. I was really proud of myself too. It was great to see my old professors and friends, so they could see how far I've come along...and how much they taught me.

It was friggin' awesome. I can't wait to do it again.

Other side notes...Kylie came to visit in July and even though it was a short visit, it is always so awesome to have my homie around. Love you Kyle! And my other bestie from work, Lisa, moved to Colorado. Miss her so much, but I have 2 close friends that live in awesome places, and I am looking forward to visiting them as soon as humanly possible.

Thanks again for reading and to all my friends, family, especially my parents and Rob....love you lots.

xx, R

No comments:

Post a Comment